21 Jul Eight Customer Service Goals for 2022
And just like that, we’re already halfway through the year 2022. It’s amazing how fast time flies! If you’re reading this, you’re probably in the contact center industry and wondering what goals are worth aiming for and if your business is on the right track.
Customer service continues to be a major industry and is evolving in all the right ways. Technology has advanced to the point where customer interactions are taking place at a pace that demands more attention, feedback, and immediate resolution. With that rise in technology, so has customer expectations. It simply isn’t enough to just be available. In this day and age, customer service agents have to be present and multifaceted!
So how do we go about making customers happy?
Every company has to have clear and realistic goals for their operations. Everyone has to be on board, and these goals should be realistic enough without compromising quality and ambition. What are some goals your business should adopt in the year 2022?
- Jump on the omnichannel trend. If your business has yet to adopt an omnichannel messaging platform, now is the time to do so. Customers have various preferred methods of communication, and as a business you have no choice but to adapt to their preferences.
- Faster response times. As customers everywhere have gotten accustomed to the speed and immediacy of the internet, their demand for a quicker resolution has also risen. According to this study by Call Center Statistics, the industry standard is 80% of phone calls are to be answered within 20 seconds, emails answered within 24 hours, and chats be answered by a live agent within 20 seconds.
- Easier access to customer service. Some websites make the mistake of putting to much importance on call deflection and, as a result, make the process of reaching actual agents twenty times harder. Understand that some customers still prefer to communicate with live people, and that not everyone is as tech savvy as you.
- Create a better customer journey. There has been a trend in the past couple of years that has everyone focusing on offering a clear and seamless customer journey. This is accomplished by employing the right CRM tool and reporting portal. The benefits here aren’t just immediate, but also sets a precedent for future interactions.
- Effective social media integration. Whether we like it or not, social media remains a big part of our society today and in the distant future. Marketing and advertising efforts are already taking place in this space, why not customer service too?
- Have conversational customer service. People want to feel like they’re talking to a real person, not a robot! So how do you recreate that feeling in a customer service context? Remind your agents to empathize and have a CRM platform that connects past interactions to give you an interconnected conversation.
- Make sure your website is friendly for mobile phone users. The fact that 83.72% of the population today owns a smartphone, the probability of them using a mobile version of your website is very high. Some companies forget to optimize their websites for this audience, and thereby making the process of accessing vital information 10 times more difficult. This leads to frustration and affects the overall customer journey.
- Focus on keeping your team happy. The pandemic has resulted in a major shift in the industry, something that even earned its own name: The Great Resignation. Workers started realizing their worth and walked away from jobs that didn’t excite them any more, or jobs where they realized they weren’t happy with. Keep your company attrition low by keeping company morale high.
The eight goals we have listed above are but a few examples of goals your business can adopt right now. They are simple, realistic goals that we believe can help you succeed in this modern day and age! Whether you adopt every single one of them or just a few, we’re sure that they are meant to bring about changes that can benefit your operation.
All of these goals and changes we are suggesting are meant to enhance your chances of achieving customer success and making customers happy. At the end of the day, that’s all that matters!