21 Jul Why Wallboards Matter
One of the biggest challenges in the contact center industry is balancing efficiency, productivity, and team engagement. How do you keep everyone engaged and driven towards the same goal? We know it’s hard, that’s why everyone at Nautilus is proud of our Wallboard feature.
What are virtual wallboards?
A wallboard is basically a huge digital board with important information on them. In a contact center context, they contain relevant information to the business; some examples could be how many calls are on queue, how many agents are available, and call summary. These numbers are used to gauge how the business is doing and is designed to give management a bird’s-eye-view of the whole operation.
With Nautilus Contact Center, our wallboards is exactly like that but virtual.
Uses of the Wallboard
As one of the key features of the Contact Center Solution, our virtual wallboard updates real time and shows relevant information for your business. Let’s go ahead and discuss how you can best use this feature to your advantage!
- Real Time Queue Performance — depending on your business, you can have as many queues as you want. Though we don’t advise going overboard with the number, having a few teams with specialized skills is always good to achieve results faster. The image below shows two queues. The numbers reflected on them update in real time and should give you an idea on how they are performing.
2. Real Time Agent Status — Managing a virtual team can be quite a feat. Having their status appear and update in real time on the wallboard is an easy fix designed to make life easier for your managers. It should show how many agents are available at any given time, how many are on ACW, and what their current status is. Are too many agents on ACW? That’s not good, as it can clog up the queue quickly. Seeing their current activity allows you to correct any flaws and provide assistance if and when necessary.
3. Real Time Agent Performance — this is a more thorough look at how your individual team members are doing. It’s a great feature for both managers and members alike, as it shows their performance in real time. This promotes accountability, and keeps members aware of how they’re performing.
Benefits of having a virtual wallboard
Wallboard s are great at keeping everyone in the loop. Reports from the industry show a very positive trend with regards to usage of wallboards. Listed below are a few proven benefits of having a wallboard in a contact center.
- It keeps everyone accountable — when your agents are aware of how well or how bad they’re performing, they are motivated to improve their performance.
- Increased productivity and efficiency — some contact centers gamify their use of a wallboard, by giving everyone positive reinforcement in the form of prizes (say, for a certain number of sales made or if a number of calls are made within a timeframe), leave credits, or even something as simple as a virtual pat on the back.
- It keeps everyone engaged — like the aforementioned gamification of the wallboard, having everyone aware of their numbers makes them feel included. This is great for morale, especially when the business is making great strides with regards to their productivity.
- Allows for better management awareness — having a virtual wallboard that updates in real time lets managers keep track of their operations from a quick glance. Where reports are more retroactive in nature (and trends spotted there need more time for dissection), seeing your numbers from a real-time perspective allow management to make decisions on the fly; should they hire more people? Should they put out more overtime hours to mitigate the rush of calls? Is it slow and can they put out some voluntary time-off (VTO) for those who are willing to take them?
When you signed up for the Nautilus Contact Center, we promised a clear customer journey. We also promised to give you the right tools to help you and your business thrive in a digital workspace. Our Wallboard is just one of many tools designed to integrate well with your workspace, and we hope you use it well.
Staying on top of your numbers is one thing, and that’s what the wallboard does, but its benefits go beyond numbers. There’s the matter of engagement, company morale, and offering support where needed. Our Wallboard does that, and more!
The Call Journey